- These Terms set out the basis upon which Rob Brydon and Partners – known here as ‘we’ or ‘us’ below – makes this site available to you in whatever form you access it e.g. pc, mobile device, i-TV etc.
- Please read these Terms carefully. By using the site you will be deemed to have agreed to these Terms so if you do not agree to comply with them please do not use the site.
- We may post changes to these Terms from time to time so do review these Terms regularly. If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Unit 8, 30 Great Guildford Street, London SE1 0HS, UK.
2. Access and registration
- You must obtain, and pay for, all telecommunications access services and computer equipment and software necessary to connect to and use the site. We do not provide such services, equipment or software ourselves and you will need to obtain these from third party suppliers. We do not have any control over, or responsibility for, such suppliers.
- We may issue you with a username, password and/or other access control for the site – known as ‘passwords’ below. These are for your personal use only. You must not tell them to anyone else or allow anyone else to use them. You must not use anyone else’s passwords. You must tell us if you think they are no longer confidential. If you do, or if we reasonably believe it to be necessary, we may issue you with replacement passwords.
- Maintaining the security and integrity of the site is necessary to enable all our users to use it safely and effectively. You agree not to abuse the access/registration process.
3. Contents of the site
- This site features a wide range of different text, graphics, images, logos, icons, lay-outs, sound recordings, videos, software and other content of all forms which we and/or our suppliers provide – known as ‘site content’ below – and which we want you to be able to enjoy in a fair and reasonable manner.
- The site content is protected by copyright, trade mark rights, database rights and other intellectual property rights which are owned by us and/or our suppliers. You may access the site and view the site content on-screen and, where permitted by the site, print out a reasonable numbers of copies of the site content, as long as this is for your own private and non-commercial purposes only.
- For certain site content, e.g. as part of any pay-per-view arrangement, or where our suppliers have required us to do so, separate and/or additional usage terms may apply and these will be marked on the relevant part of the site.
- You must not, nor try to, make mass, automated or systematic extractions of the site content, or use it to create or include it within another paper or electronic database, or try to re-sell it or re-distribute it. We reserve the right to prohibit or restrict the way in which other sites link to or frame or re-present any of the site content.
- Also, decompiling, reverse engineering, disassembling, or otherwise reducing the code used in any software on this Site into a readable form in order to examine the construction of such software is prohibited except to the extent permitted by law. If you need information on the relevant law contact us or your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau.
- If you have any questions about what your may or may not do with the site please contact us at email@example.com or write to us at Unit 8, 30 Great Guildford Street, London,SE1 0HS, UK.
- We reserve any other uses of, and rights in, the site content on behalf of both us and our suppliers, so you must ask our prior permission for these. We will not always be able to give our consent but please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Unit 8, 30 Great Guildford Street, London?SE1 0HS, UK.
4. Your material
- This site is designed to provide a lively and interactive community for people interested in Rob Brydon. We encourage all our users to interact with the site and to submit material of all kinds – known as ‘user material’ below. In order to ensure that this is done safely and lawfully we have established the rules set out below. For certain user material, e.g. as part of a competition, or where we are required by law to do so, separate and/or additional terms may apply in these Terms or as marked on the relevant part of the site.
- Unless you and we agree otherwise, you will continue to own all the user material you submit. However, we may post your user material on the site, and on our partner sites, and we may also include it in other media services such as our television programmes or in print publications or advertising. It will, therefore, become accessible and may be linked to or copied from across the public internet as well as in those other media. Please do not submit anything to us that you would not like to be used in this way and note that we may not be able to prevent further use by third parties without permission.
- By submitting your user material you grant to us all rights in your user material necessary to enable the distribution of your user material in this way, including to amend or adapt it where this is reasonably necessary for those purposes, without any further approval or consent from or payment to you or any other person, and you also promise that:
- You have not copied from someone else or included other people’s material – Your user material must be original and you confirm that it has not been copied from elsewhere. Your user material must not feature copyright material taken from someone else or feature the trade mark, brand or name of someone else or which violates anyone’s legal rights including of privacy and/or publicity;
- You have the permission of all the people making and appearing in it – You must have explained to everyone who made or is in your user content, especially photographs or video, and if they are under 18 to their parents or lawful guardians, how it may be used. They, and their parents or guardians, must have provided you with their specific consent;
- Your user content entry is lawful and suitable for this site – You must not include anything in your user content which is inappropriate for a family audience and certainly anything which is of an adult-only nature including offensive, vulgar or obscene material and controversial or off-topic themes or content. It must not be defamatory or unlawful or include anything that would bring us into disrepute; and
- You will not use the site in a manner that interferes with others – You must not nor attempt to interfere with or disrupt anyone else’s use or enjoyment of the site, e.g. you must not threaten or harass or impersonate others, or otherwise use the site in an anti-social, inappropriate or unlawful way.
- We reserve the right to, but do not promise that we will, review your user content before it appears on the site. If we determine that your user content does not comply with these rules we reserve the right to, but do not promise that we will, stop it from being made available on the site or otherwise, and remove your user content, or links or any other means of access to your user content, from the site or otherwise at any time without notice to you.
- Remember that you will remain responsible for your own user content and for what you do and say online. You should use the same care and consideration on the site as you do when communicating with others in any other public place. Please think before your submit!
- IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY WITH THESE RULES YOU MAY BECOME LEGALLY LIABLE TO US OR TO THIRD PARTIES OR YOU MAY OTHERWISE BE ACTING UNLAWFULLY. If anything is not clear to you, or if you think that any other user content is in breach of these rules, please contact us at email@example.com or write to us at Unit 8, 30 Great Guildford Street, London, SE1 0HS, UK.
- You and the other persons appearing in your user content, and if they are under 18 their parents or lawful guardians, may be required to provide further written confirmation of your compliance with these rules in such form as we may reasonably request.
- From time to time we may run competitions and prize draws on the site. Unless you and we agree otherwise, or where separate and/or additional terms may apply and these will be marked on the relevant part of the site, the following rules will apply.
- The competitions and prize draws are only open to UK residents aged 18 or over. Entry is not open to our employees and their immediate families and anyone connected with the creation and administration of the site or the specific promotion in question.
- Entries must be made by email and comply with the other specific requirements on the relevant part of the site and are limited to one per person. We cannot accept responsibility for late, incomplete or undelivered entries for any reason, including but not limited to technical failure. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt of entry. For prize draws no purchase is necessary and purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received for each draw. Use of computer programs and other automatic means to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification.
- The entry period and how and when winners and results will be determined will be set out on the relevant part of the site. Prize draws will be selected under the supervision of an independent observer. Competitions with a panel of experts will include one independent judge and a list of judges will be available on request. Any decision will be final and binding and no further communication will be entered into in relation to it.
- Winners will be notified by email within 7 days. If any prize is not claimed within 14 days or the potential winner is deemed ineligible in accordance with these rules an alternative winner may be selected. A list of the name and county of the winner(s) will be available on request by sending a stamped, self addressed envelope to Unit 8, 30 Great Guildford Street, London, SE1 0HS, UK
- The prize(s) will be set out on the relevant part of the site. There may be restrictions on, or requirements for, how and when the prize may be enjoyed, e.g. time-limits on a trip or visit, so please read the details carefully. There is no cash alternative and the prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable in full or in part. We reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value. Winners are responsible for any applicable taxes on the prizes awarded.
- In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the relevant e-mail account is registered on the date the entry is submitted.
- We,will be the promoter unless otherwise stated.
- By entering into any competition or prize draw you agree to be bound by these rules and by the other requirements set out in the relevant part of the site. We may occasionally have to terminate a promotion or modify these rules.
- Unless you and we agree otherwise, e.g. as part of any pay-per-view arrangement or where our suppliers have required us to do so and where separate and/or additional usage terms may apply which will be marked on the relevant part of the site, the site content is provided for free and is for your informational purposes only.
- Please note that the site will not be available at all times. It will be inaccessible during regular maintenance periods and it may from time to time be subject to emergency maintenance or be unavailable for other technical reasons. Like all software based services the site cannot be promised to be free from errors or bugs. We will however use reasonable care and skill in fixing any problems once we become aware of them.
- Although we take reasonable care with our site content we cannot check everything or promise that typos or errors will never appear on the site. Unlike, say, a book, the site is a dynamic environment with regular changes and therefore inaccuracies may occur from time to time. Please double-check any fact or instructions with us or a third party if you are in doubt.
- We cannot control and are not responsible for the user content that appears on the site. We recommend that you apply particular caution when using that content.
- PLEASE BEAR THE ABOVE IN MIND WHEN USING THE SITE. IF YOU ARE UNCLEAR ABOUT ANY INFORMATION OR INSTRUCTION, OR THINK THERE MAY BE AN ERROR, PLEASE CONTACT US AT firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Unit 8, 30 Great Guildford Street, London, SE1 0HS, UK.
- We shall not be liable and shall not compensate you for any loss or damage you may suffer unless we have failed to carry out our obligations under these Terms to a reasonable standard or breached any duties imposed on us by law, including if we have caused death or personal injury by our negligence, and that failure is not attributed to: (a) your own fault, for example your failure to implement recommendations previously advised by us; (b) a third party unconnected with our performance of this agreement, for instance problems due to communications network performance, congestion, and connectivity or the performance of your computer equipment; or (c) any other events which neither we nor our suppliers could have foreseen or forestalled even if we or they had taken reasonable care.
- Accordingly, we will not be responsible for loss of or damage to your computer hardware or software or other personal property or any other losses which you suffer as a result of the site unless this is due to our neglect or failure to take reasonable precautions and such losses are reasonably foreseeable. We strongly recommend that you (a) take care to verify the suitability and compatibility of your computer system prior to use; and (b) take reasonable precautions to protect yourself against harmful programs or devices including through installation of anti-virus software.
- If you wish to terminate your registration for any part of this site at any time please contact us at email@example.com or write to us at Unit 8, 30 Great Guildford Street, London, SE1 0HS, UK.
- Unless you and we agree otherwise, e.g. as part of any pay-per-view arrangement, to which separate terms shall apply, we may terminate the provision of this site to you at any time. We shall try to give you prior notice if we do but this may not always be possible.
- If you are in breach of these Terms, or we have reasonable grounds to believe that you are, we may suspend and/or terminate your access to this site without prior notice.
- If you are in breach of these Terms and we do not take any action against you, we may still take action against you later or if you breach the same term on another occasion or if you breach a different term.
- If any provision of these Terms is, for any reason, held to be unenforceable, illegal or invalid in some other way, the unenforceable, illegal or invalid provision will not affect the remainder of these Terms and they will continue in full force and effect
- We intend to rely upon the written terms set out in these Terms, as amended in accordance with paragraph 1 above, and the documents referred to in it, as the entire understanding between us relating to your use of the site. If you and we agree any changes, please make sure that you request that these are confirmed in writing. That way we can avoid any problems surrounding what we or you are expected to do in relation to your order.